A leaked TV commercial story board received by the folks at Android Central suggests that the much rumored Motorola Droid Ultra smartphone is going to be released on August 8. Its said to have Gorilla Glass and a Kevlar casing, both of which will make up for a very tough smartphone which can be kicked around on a club’s dance floor, it will be able to withstand accidental drops as well.
The storyboard also hints that Droid Ultra will have an active listening mode which can be used to open Spotify and even select artists. A new “Nav Mode” is hinted as well, but it remains to be seen whether this is just a fancy name for Google Navigation or if this is a new software feature. The ad also suggests that Droid Maxx can have 48 hours of “worry-free” battery life. Droid Maxx might essentially have the same internal power package as the Droid Ultra albeit with a significantly bigger battery. There’s no word on when the commercial will start airing, for that to happen, the smartphone first needs to be officially announced.
Next Story: T-Mobile Unveils A New No-Contract Family Plan
- 2013-11-29: White Droid Ultra And Droid Mini Available On Verizon Now
- 2013-11-26: White Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra Spotted In Leaked Press Images
- 2013-08-20: Verizon Motorola Droid Ultra And Motorola Droid Maxx Now Available Online
- 2013-08-13: Verizon Droid Ultra And Droid Maxx Release Apparently Delayed
- 2013-07-25: Motorola Droid Ultra Limited Edition Is Really A Verizon Employee-Exclusive
- 2013-07-23: Motorola Droid ULTRA, Droid MINI And Droid MAXX Revealed