Ever since the first iPhone came out back in 2007, users have not been allowed to access the battery. The smartphone has always come with a non-removable battery that is quite hard for an average user to get out of the casing. As it turns out, its actually quite easy to remove and replace a battery on an iPhone 5, so shows iFixit in a new video it has posted online. All you need are the right tools and a little bit of patience, you’ll have that battery out in no time.
This video is particularly good for average users, who tend to write off their iPhones once the battery life starts to deteriorate. Such issues might not generally exist with an iPhone 5 when its almost 12 months old, but one can never rule out isolated incidents. No technical knowledge is required to replace an iPhone 5 battery. However, do keep in mind that since you will open up the casing, the device’s warranty will be void. Then again, if your device is under warranty, you don’t really need to do anything yourself in that case. Do check out the video if you’re curious about the procedure.
Next Story: 4G LTE Is Now Available At Mount Everest
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger