We’ve been hearing rumors about a new Nexus 7 tablet from Google, and with the tablet having recently had its prices slashed, many were speculating that it was a sign that Google could be ready to announce the new tablet. Well according to the latest rumors, word on the street has it that the Nexus 7 2 with LTE is pegged for a release later this month. According to the rumors, the specs of the new Nexus 7 include a 7” 1920×1200 LCD display, a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset, a 3,950mAh battery, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 1.2MP front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage, and will come with LTE support. If anything these specs seem to line up with what we heard earlier this month when an ASUS rep allegedly revealed the specs to the new Nexus 7 to a customer, although at that time the tablet was referred to by the K009 model number, which many believe to be the next-gen Nexus 7. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but since we’re almost halfway through the month, we guess we might not have to wait too long to see if this rumor pans out!
Next Story: Amazon PS4 And Xbox One Pre-Orders Run Out
- 2013-08-25: Refreshed Nexus 7 Arrives In Japan This August 28th
- 2013-08-23: Nexus 7 2013 Receives Firmware Update
- 2013-07-28: Nexus 7 2 Now Available From Google Play Store
- 2013-07-26: Best Stories Of The Week (22 To 26 July)
- 2013-07-26: Nexus 7 2 Being Sold At Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon
- 2013-07-17: Google Nexus 7 2 Allegedly Appears In New Video, Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-07-08: Staples Slashes Nexus 7 Prices, New Variant Coming?
- 2013-07-01: Nexus 7 2 Specs Leaked By ASUS Rep? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-16: Nexus 7 2 Photo Spotted Online
- 2013-06-14: Nexus 7 2 With Faster CPU May Have Passed Through FCC