Street Fighter fans are probably pleased that Ultra Street Fighter IV is currently in development and will be released on current-gen consoles and the PC, and while some gamers might be getting ahead of themselves, we’re sure they are wondering if Street Fighter V could be in the works as well, albeit in its early stages. Unfortunately it looks like the buck could stop at Ultra Street Fighter IV, at least for now because according to Street Fighter’s producer, Yoshinori Ono, he revealed that Street Fighter V is currently not in development due to budgetary issues.
This was revealed via Ono’s Twitter in response as to whether they were secretly working on Street Fighter V for next-gen consoles. According to Ono’s response, “I don’t have R&D budget and staff who they’re just only make USF4.” Of course it is a little early to start worrying about the Street Fighter franchise, and who knows they might be able to raise some funds for Street Fighter V down the road, but for now it looks like it is a no-go.
- 2014-04-21 New Ultra Street Fighter IV English Trailer Denotes 44 Challengers
- 2014-03-17 Street Fighter II's Chun-Li Almost Came With A Shorter Life Bar
- 2014-02-21 Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2014-02-14 Tekken X Street Fighter Apparently Still In Development
- 2014-01-24 Ultra Street Fighter IV Lets You Upload Online Matches To YouTube Directly