When Nintendo announced the Wii U console, one of the games that was announced with it was Ubisoft’s ZombiU. The game’s concept is basically a zombie survival type of game which while isn’t exactly new, what made it interesting was how it incorporated the features of the Wii U in terms of both hardware and software. The game itself, based on reviews, seemed to be relatively well-received and if you were hoping for a sequel, you could be out of luck. According to Ubisoft’s CEO and chairman, Yves Guillemot, he confirmed that a sequel to ZombiU is not on the way.
A report from GamesIndustry.biz has Guillemot claiming that the game has not been profitable despite it being a popular Wii U title, meaning that they do not see a possibility where they might release a sequel. Back in May it was teased that a prototype sequel of the game was being worked on, but we guess as with the case of prototypes, they might not necessarily make it into a final product. So, any Wii U gamers disappointed by this news?
- Watch Dogs PS4 Version Dishes Out 1080p/30FPS
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase