When Nintendo announced the Wii U console, one of the games that was announced with it was Ubisoft’s ZombiU. The game’s concept is basically a zombie survival type of game which while isn’t exactly new, what made it interesting was how it incorporated the features of the Wii U in terms of both hardware and software. The game itself, based on reviews, seemed to be relatively well-received and if you were hoping for a sequel, you could be out of luck. According to Ubisoft’s CEO and chairman, Yves Guillemot, he confirmed that a sequel to ZombiU is not on the way.
A report from GamesIndustry.biz has Guillemot claiming that the game has not been profitable despite it being a popular Wii U title, meaning that they do not see a possibility where they might release a sequel. Back in May it was teased that a prototype sequel of the game was being worked on, but we guess as with the case of prototypes, they might not necessarily make it into a final product. So, any Wii U gamers disappointed by this news?
- 2014-04-24 Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle Confirmed By Nintendo
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-02-11 Watch Dogs For Wii U Will Be Delayed
- 2013-09-03 Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita
- 2013-06-13 Ubisoft Won't Produce Wii U Exclusives Until Nintendo Sells More Units
- 2013-05-15 ZombiU Sequel Prototype Is Currently Being Worked On
- 2013-04-23 Splinter Cell: Blacklist Highlights Wii U Exclusive Gameplay In New Trailer