It wasn’t too long ago that Instagram more or less confirmed that they were a no-show for Windows Phone devices at least for now, and this is despite evidence that Instagram have registered themselves as developers on the Windows Phone store. Well the good news is that while Instagram has yet to make its way onto Windows Phone, it does not mean that it won’t, and during an interview with TechCrunch, Nokia’s Brian Biniak (Vice President and General Manager of App Development at Nokia), Nokia is working very hard on bringing Instagram to Windows Phone.
Given that this is Nokia we’re talking about, and not Microsoft in general, we have to wonder if Nokia is more interested in bringing Instagram as a Nokia-exclusive, or if they are working to bring Instagram to Windows Phone in general which we guess is looking at the bigger picture. According to Biniak, “We are working… very hard on Instagram. We’re working closely with Facebook — as you know, we work with them across all kinds of devices. Microsoft has a close relationship with Facebook, which you can see from the Bing decision, and… for Instagram. We’re working on that.” So there you have it, we guess it’s just a matter of waiting for the app to launch now.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-03-18 Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2014-03-07 Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2014-03-03 Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms
- 2013-11-19 Instagram For Windows Phone Release Might Happen Soon
- 2012-12-17 Could Instagram be a Nokia Lumia exclusive?