Hot on the heels of last week’s rumor regarding Nokia possibly bringing Bluetooth Low Energy support to certain Lumia smartphones, The Verge claims to have heard from sources that Nokia is developing a software update that will enable Bluetooth 4.0 on select Lumia devices. These devices already have the hardware components necessary for Bluetooth 4.0, they just need to be activated through a software update. All current major smartphones such as Galaxy S4 and HTC One have Bluetooth 4.0, whereas Nokia’s recently announced Lumia 1020 doesn’t. So its quite logical for Nokia to roll out this update and bring advanced Bluetooth support to its devices.
Nokia’s Amber update for Lumia devices is due soon, it will reportedly enable Bluetooth 4.0 as well, apart from bringing a host of different improvements and enhancements. It has also been said that Nokia is coming out with a new range of accessories that will require Bluetooth 4.0, though its unclear as of now what these new accessories are and when exactly they will be released. Nokia is expected to roll out the Amber update for its Windows Phone powered Lumia smartphones in the coming weeks.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: bluetooth 4.0, Nokia,