Notion Ink does seem to be toying around with the idea of a smartphone concept, where they have called it the EVE smartphone. That is a very apt name to go alongside the Adam II tablet, although it would have been nicer if it went with the original Adam tablet to reflect to roots of their respective naming convention. Still, this is no big deal, and if it were designed to accompany the Adam II tablet, then you can be sure some of its physical design cues will follow in the same vein, boasting of a similar boxy design that has flat sides and slightly rounded corners. While we have no confirmation that Notion Ink will go all out with the EVE concept phone, at least we do know that it has some accessories in store for the Adam II tablet.
For starters, a rather low-profile docking station has been spotted, where it is tipped to function as a tablet stand, where one will have the advantage of additional USB ports and a full-sized HDMI port among others. Whenever it is not in use, just fold the dock in half and you’re good to go. There is also a stylus for the Adam II tablet which seems to lean more towards the capacitive stylus category compared to a pressure-sensitive digital pen.
- 2013-12-16: Notion Ink Adam II Tablet Goes On Sale In India First
- 2013-07-19: Notion Ink Adam II EVE Concept Phone And Tablet Accessories Spotted
- 2012-04-11: Notion Ink Adam 2 Will Not Have HD Screen Because of Battery Constraints
- 2012-01-20: Notion Ink Adam 2 tablet announced
- 2012-01-16: Ice Cream Sandwich for Notion Ink Adam now in Alpha
- 2011-12-09: Notion Ink Adam gets Ice Cream Sandwich (video)