The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset that several game developers have used to help enhance their games. A popular use of the headset has been to incorporate it in FPS games such as Valve’s Half-Life 2, and more novel simulation experiences such as having your head chopped off. Well the folks behind the freefalling simulation, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome, has announced their plans to add Oculus Rift support to the Steam version of the game under the name of, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaCULUS!!! At the moment it is still in its testing phase, although the developers are optimistic that it will be released “sooner rather than later”. While we have yet to get our hands on the Oculus Rift headset and take it for a spin, we can only imagine the experience you might have especially when combined with a freefalling simulation game! Personally leaping off high places in FPS games and MMOs makes my stomach do mini flips, so I can imagine losing my lunch in a much more immersive experience. What do you guys think? Anyone looking forward to trying it out for themselves?
- 2014-04-15: 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-04-14: Oculus VR Founder Thinks Television Will Be Irrelevant In The Future
- 2014-04-14: Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-03-30: Oculus Rift Team Hit With Death Threats Following Facebook Acquisition
- 2014-03-28: Facebook On Oculus Rift Might Look Like This
- 2014-03-25: Facebook's Acquisition Of Oculus Will Make VR Cheaper, Says Oculus Founder