The Pebble Smart Watch might jump start a new mobile device revolution, although I am quite sure that generally speaking, many people would remain cautious about the situation. After all, life has no guarantees, and perhaps even Apple’s iWatch effort might tank, which would leave Pebble in an extremely precarious position. Still, if one were to discount that bleak future, the present looks rather bright – so bright, in fact, that it has been reported that Pebble Smart Watches have passed the 275,000 pre-order mark, in addition to having enjoyed 1 million app downloads to date.
Out of the 275,000 pre-orders, around 85,000 of it were received during its Kickstarter campaign. Pebble Chief Executive Eric Migicovsky shared, “This is great news for users and developers.More Pebbles = more of a market and demand for Pebble watchapps. With the goal of getting Pebble onto as many wrists as possible, our manufacturing team is constantly working to improve quality and increase capacity. Every day thousands of new Pebbles are rolling off the line.”
Are you one of those who already tell the time using a Pebble Smart Watch, and figure out that this is the next best thing since sliced bread?
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-17: Hatchi Adds Virtual Pet Dimension To Pebble Smartwatch
- 2014-03-09: Pebble 2.0 For Android Brings Watchapps And More