If you were planning on picking up the Microsoft Xbox One console, you might have heard that older Xbox 360 headsets will not be compatible with the new console. Instead Microsoft has announced that they are working on an adapter that will allow compatibility at a later date. However the good news for would-be PlayStation 4 owners is that if you are upgrading from the PlayStation 3 and you still have some PS3 accessories like a headset lying around, well the PS4 will play nicely with your older headset without any complications.
This was revealed by Sony at Comic-Con when they spoke to the folks at Polygon, revealing that if gamers weren’t happy with the bundled earbuds that come with the PS4, they are more than welcome to use their older PS3 headsets. Of course what this also means is that gamers will already have a variety of headsets to choose from since the PS3 has been around for so long, although Sony was not clear as to whether all wireless headsets will play nicely with the PS4, or if only certain models will.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-06: Sony Predicts The PS4 Will Outsell The PS3
- 2013-11-15: Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-10-16: PS4 Digital Games Now Available For Pre-Order From Your PS3
- 2013-10-10: PS4 Won’t Play Nice With PS3 USB Headsets At Launch