Sony’s PlayStation 4 has already undercut the price of the Xbox One by $100 in the U.S., and nearly $200 in Mexico, but the company is adding additional value in its next-generation console as they announce its tech demo, called The PlayRoom, will come pre-loaded.
We’re sure you’ve seen footage of the PlayStation 4′s PlayRoom tech demo as it combines both the PlayStation Camera and DualShock 4 controller to deliver a number of augmented reality toys, which shows off the capabilities of both peripherals when working together. The PlayRoom will allow players to spawn small floating robots that can interact with the player by scanning your face and shooting fireballs, as well as create illusions of hundreds of tiny robots inside of your DualShock 4 controller, which you can then allow them to scatter across the floor in your room.
The PlayRoom also shows how the PlayStation 4 can interact with other devices as you’ll be able to use your smartphone, tablet or PlayStation Vita in order to draw objects, which can be flicked into the screen, which can then be played with the robots you have on screen.
Next Story: Galaxy S4 Active Root Method Developed By Geohot
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony