We did read about how the unofficial Android 4.3 build has been leaked out for the Nexus 4, and here we are with information concerning the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, touting that this particular phablet would see the Android 4.3 operating system update headed straight for it, which means it will skip the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean bus along the way.
Apparently, Australian carrier Telstra did pick up a confirmation that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G model will give the Android 4.2.2 update a miss, where it will hitch a ride to Android 4.3 instead. There is the very real possibility that this will not happen just to Telstra’s Galaxy 2 units only, as all of the other Galaxy Note 2 units worldwide might experience a similar treatment. Telstra’s support page did mention that “Samsung have elected globally to skip the 4.2.2 update for this device and will instead go to a newer version of Android. No schedule has been provided for this update.”
Well, Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is not going to ride into the sunset anytime soon, as it will still be around to receive Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, so getting Android 4.3 is all par for the course.
Next Story: More Nexus 7 2 Details Leaked
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-11-10: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Expected To Roll Out Soon