If someone says developers’ conference, you’re likely to think about Apple and Google. These tech titans hold yearly conferences, Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference and Google’s I/O. Both companies have used these events to not only talk about software and the tools they provide to developers, but to also release new hardware. Samsung has announced that its own developers conference takes place on October 27th this year, and lasts till October 29th. The conference will take place at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in Union Square, San Francisco, California.
Only the initial web presence for the conference is up right now. Interested people can submit their email to be notified when registrations open. Samsung says that at the conference attendees will be able to engage with industry leaders, collaborate with fellow developers as well as learn about new Samsung tools and SDKs, urging developers to “create what’s next.” Its unclear right now if this platform will be used to release new Samsung hardware as well down the road, but it is clear that Samsung wants to be a part of the big league of developer conferences.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch