Skype recently released an update to its iPhone application which gave it support to make and receive video messages to other Skype users. Now it’s Android’s turn at receiving an update from Skype, but this update brings an entirely new look to the service.
Microsoft unveiled a new version of Skype for Android today that features a redesign that offers a similar look to their Windows Phone version. The design has flattened UI elements along with the expected sprinkling of blue and white elements found in both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 versions of Skype. In addition to the redesign, Microsoft claims the Skype Android app runs a lot faster and offers improvements so users can access messages quickly and access to contacts and favorites.
As of now, there’s no word if or when the iOS version of Skype would be receiving this redesign as well, although Microsoft does say “this release is jus the beginning” for its Android app as more updates are planned to be rolled out in the months ahead.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Spoiler Shield Censors Your Facebook, Twitter Feeds So You Don't Read Spoilers
- RealNetworks Launches RealPlayer Cloud
- PS4's PlayStation App Releasing For iOS, Android In November
- Follow: Android, apps, Microsoft, skype,
- Seen at: blogs.skype