We reported last week that Apple’s second-gen iPad mini could be delayed until 2014, but it seems that those who can’t wait, a slightly more updated model could be released later this year in its stead. According to the folks at Digitimes, they claim that their previous report of the delayed iPad mini is still accurate and that the device with a Retina display and an almost-bezel-free look is pegged for a release in 2014. Possibly to continue the demand of iPad minis and not let too much time lapse in between models, they are also reporting that Apple could be releasing a slightly upgraded version of the iPad mini later this year. This alleged iPad mini could feature a slightly thinner and lighter body, with slightly improved hardware although we’re guessing that this will probably have more to do with its chipset and camera, rather than its display which will probably be reserved for the Retina version. There’s no telling if this report is accurate so take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think? Does this feel like a bit of a rip-off?
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]