The Snapchat app for Android has been updated today, bringing the version number up to 3.0.1. It comes with an all new redesigned user interface, the icons have been updated and the app’s look is now much more refined. A new swipe gesture has been added that makes it easier for users to access their inbox and friends, the gesture works directly on camera screen. A few new colors have been added to the drawing color palette as well. Users are now able to reply directly to snaps by double tapping on a snap that’s open in their inbox.
They’ve also brought over the SnapKidz version to the Android app. This version was initially launched on Snapchat for iOS, basically it is an offline mode for users under 13 years of age. Anyone who installs this app under this age will automatically get the SnapKidz version. The app allows them to take snaps, caption and draw and then save their creations locally on the device itself. It does not allow them to add friends or send and receive snaps. The new Snapchat for Android is now available for download from Google Play Store.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2013-12-22: Latest Snapchat Update Is All About Second Chances
- 2013-10-03: Snapchat Rolls Out New Stories Feature