If you are looking forward to getting your hands on a new Sony Alpha camera, you might be in luck because according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, it seems that the successor to the A77 could be released in 2014! Granted that’s a bit of a wait away, but if you loved what the A77 did, chances are you might be curious as to what its successor could have in store for you. As it stands the full specifications of the A77’s successor remains a mystery, but according to their tipster, they were informed that the successor will be a full mirrorless A-mount camera system, compared to SLT which was typical of Sony’s previous Alpha releases. The good news is that this alleged device is expected to retain a design which will be similar to a DSLR, so it shouldn’t be too big of a departure for more traditional photographers or those who are used to a DSLR’s design. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled for more information.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented