Yesterday we reported on a rumor that Sony was interested in turning their Gran Turismo racing game franchise into a movie, and now it looks like the rumor turned out to be true after all! This was confirmed by a SCE UK spokesperson who acknowledged that a movie was being made, although they did not share any details about it, such as possible storylines, a cast, and when it could be released. According to our report yesterday, the movie is expected to be produced by the producers of The Social Network and Fifth Shades of Grey movies, Michael de Luca and Dana Brunetti.
As we mentioned in our previous report, Sony is reportedly interested in making a Gran Tursimo movie in a bid to capitalize on the popularity and success of recent racing movies, such as the Fast & The Furious franchise. This isn’t the first racing game that is being made into a movie as there is also a Need for Speed movie in the works, although it will be interesting to see what kind of storyline Sony will attach to the Gran Turismo movie.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2013-07-25: Gran Turismo Movie Being Considered By Sony [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Gran Turismo 6 Confirmed To Release Holiday 2013 On PS3