Over the past couple of weeks or so, we have seen our fair share of devices that have made their way over to the FCC, which is more or less one of the final hurdles that a particular piece of consumer electronics device has to go through before it is deemed safe and sound to be released to the masses. The upcoming Sony PS4 console has made its way to the FCC, the iPhone Lite as recent as early this morning, a possible Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 which will jive with AT&T, the list could go on. However, here we are with yet another smartphone that has appeared over at the FCC, and it is none other than the upcoming Sony flagship device, the Sony Xperia Honami.
The FCC report did mention that the Sony Xperia Honami is set to be announced before September 30 is over, and those who are interested in picking up this bad boy will be able to do so by the time the first week of October ends. We did wish that the FCC documents discovered did reveal more about the Sony Xperia Honami, but unfortunately, we will still have to rely on rumors at the moment, such as a 5-inch Full HD triluminos display with the X-reality engine, a quad-core 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM, a 20.7-megapixel camera at the back that has a Sony G-lens and BIONZ image processor, 16GB of internal memory, which can be augmented via a microSD memory card slot, is IP57 certified, and will boast of Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Wi-Fi and GSM/UMTS/LTE connectivity.
Next Story: Veebot Draws Your Blood
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-03-28: T-Mobile's Xperia T2 Ultra Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Passes Through The FCC
- 2013-12-12: Sony Xperia Z1s Goes Through The FCC
- 2013-09-03: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks