If you love skateboarding, but from time to time would like to try something new, perhaps the Stair-Rover is a mode of transport that you would want to give it a go. The Stair-Rover happens to be a longboard/skateboard hybrid, and it was specially developed to surf the city. This is a Kickstarter project, where it boasts of an 8-wheeled chassis which was designed for urban terrain and is more than capable of gliding down stairs, although I am sure that traditional, old school skateboarders would think that grinding down stairs would be the best way to go around things.
The Stair-Rover project would require a minimum backing of ￡50,000 before the month is over, and they are not too far away from the final figure. Should the Stair-Rover manage to raise enough funds, then you can pick from two models – the white Stair-Rover with maple deck, and the black Stair-Rover Pro with maple and fibreglass deck. The entire shebang tips the scales at just 5kg, and it might just reinvigorate all you long time skateboarders to renew a love for the sport. [Kickstarter Page]
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10