If you haven’t played StarCraft 2 in a while, or if you’re wondering what the fuss is all about, now might be a good time to fire up the game. In anticipation of the game’s upcoming third birthday, Blizzard has announced that they will be introducing a host of new features that should appeal to both current and would-be players of the game. The company has announced that they will be giving everyone an XP boost of 25%, meaning that you will be able to level up your character’s profile either through multiplayer modes, versus A.I., or training mode, ultimately unlocking more portraits and achievements in the process.
Blizzard has also announced that they will be unlocking all three races in the StarCraft 2 Starter Edition, giving players access to the Protoss and Zerg race where previously they were only able to play with Terran. On top of that Blizzard will also be releasing a series of wallpapersto commemorate the franchise’s 15th anniversary. If you’d like to learn more about the “promotion” or if you’d like to download your copy of the StarCraft 2 Starter Edition, hit up Blizzard’s website in the source link below for the details!
Next Story: Don't F**K Up Is A Game Designed For Drunks
- 2014-04-11: Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-01-21: Patch 2.1 For StarCraft 2 Unlocks Custom Maps For Starter Edition Owners
- 2013-08-08: Blizzard WCS App Announced, Lets You Stream StarCraft 2 Matches On The Go
- 2013-07-30: StarCraft 2 2.0.10 Patch Adds eSport Features And Color Blind Mode
- 2013-07-29: Watch StarCraft 2 Played From A Professional's Perspective
- 2013-06-05: Blizzard Announces "Spawning" Feature For StarCraft 2