Yes, I am sure that T-Mobile subscribers out there who are more than happy to know that the Xperia Z is headed their way this coming July 17th, accompanied by a slew of other handsets, too. If you want to know more about the T-Mobile Xperia Z experience, then it would be wise to check out our review of the Xperia Z so that you have a better idea of what you are diving into before you make the jump and commit yourself for another 2-years. Well, it has also been reported that T-Mobile’s Xperia Z (also known as the C6606 if you prefer to refer to smartphones by their model number) will arrive with a bootloader which cannot be unlocked.
That certainly sounds like a rather extreme, and for some, absolute statement, doesn’t it? After all, in this digital world, it can be said that nothing is impossible to crack, hack, or unlock – it is only a matter of time, resources as well as smarts, of course. So to hear that the Xperia Z has an unlockable bootloader sounds incredulous to some in this day and age, but that is what the case is as at press time. In a nutshell, an unlockable bootloader would mean those who purchase the T-Mobile Xperia Z will experience limitations when playing with custom ROMs.
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-03-03 T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-07-10 T-Mobile Sony XPERIA Z Review
- 2013-06-18 Sony Xperia Z Coming To The U.S. Exclusively On T-Mobile
- 2013-06-13 T-Mobile Teases Sony Xperia Z Announcement In Video
- 2013-06-06 Sony Xperia Z Support Docs Appear On T-Mobile's Website