Earlier in the month, we did bring you word that a certain Eldar Murtazin, a Russian source who has had his fair share of hits and misses when it comes to rumors, did mention that the Tizen operating system could very well be on a downward spiral, so much so that it might be on the path to obsolescence. Well, here is a little bit of an introduction to what Tizen is all about – it is an operating system which was developed by Intel alongside South Korean conglomerate Samsung. Intel obviously ain’t too happy about this prediction from Eldar Murtazin, that they decided to do something about the situation and hopefully, nip this line of thinking in the bud by allegedly issuing a statement which you can read below. Why do we say allegedly? Well, it remains to be seen whether the statement is authentic or not since there was no direct source to Intel themselves.
Intel is very committed to the development of Tizen. We see a unique role for Tizen in the industry to create and to grow a new, open and flexible, mobile operating system that allows developers to “write once/run on many devices”. Tizen has received broad industry support through the Tizen Association and has achieved major milestones this year including establishing the storefront, releasing the Tizen 2.1 source code, the Tizen IVI 2.0 and the Tizen 2.2 Beta SDK that was just released yesterday.
Do you think Samsung might weigh in with their two cents soon?
Next Story: Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080 Surfaces Online
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen
- 2014-02-13: Tizen OS Gains 15 More Partners
- 2013-12-19: Samsung Unveils First Tizen Devices In February
- 2013-11-07: Tizen Smart TV On The Cards, Won't Come Before The Phone
- 2013-07-08: Tizen App Challenge Offers Over $4m In Bounty To Developers
- 2013-01-03: Samsung Talks Up Tizen Smartphones
- 2012-05-08: Samsung Tizen developer device demonstrated