Toshiba already has an entire line-up of memory cards designed specifically for high-end digital camera users, these SD cards provide significantly faster write speeds than their rivals, the line-up is called Exceria. The company announced a new series of SD memory cards today that it claims will offer the world’s faster data write speed. They will initially be launched in Japan this October, with other major global markets to follow soon after that.
These new SD memory cards, which are compliant with UHS-II, come in two series. Toshiba says that Exceria Pro SDHC cards will offer data write speeds of up to 240MB per second, making it the fastest in the world. The Exceria SDXC series offers write speeds of up to 120MB per second. These cards will no doubt be appreciated by high-end digital camera users, as they will allow continuous shooting of still images at a high speed. The PRO cards will be available in 16GB and 32GB flavors whereas the Exceria SDXC cards will be available in 32GB and 64GB. Toshiba hasn’t revealed any pricing information at this point in time.
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter