Capcom announced Ultra Street Fighter 4 over the weekend during this year’s EVO 2013, which will bring yet another version of Street Fighter 4 to the masses that will add some additional characters to the already impressive roster of fighters, new modes, stages, and provide additional balances to the game. But if you’re planning on purchasing an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or a Wii U this holiday season, you may be out of luck on this latest version of the popular fighting series.
Street Fighter series producer Yoshinori Ono responded to a number of questions from fans in regards to the upcoming title through Twitter, and as a result, revealed Capcom currently doesn’t have plans to bring the game to next-generation platforms, which of course includes the Wii U. Ono-san did admit a large number of fans have been asking for a PS Vita version of Ultra Street Fighter 4, and has also said he has been in talks with Capcom to possibly bring the game to the Nintendo 3DS.
Those who will be holding on to their current generation of game consoles and PC gamers will be able to pick up Ultra Street Fighter 4 as an additional piece of DLC for $15 with a copy of either Super Street Fighter 4 or SSF4: Arcade Edition, or if you want to throw more money at Capcom, you can pick up a physical copy for $40.
- 2014-03-17: Street Fighter II's Chun-Li Almost Came With A Shorter Life Bar
- 2014-02-21: Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2014-02-14: Tekken X Street Fighter Apparently Still In Development
- 2014-01-24: Ultra Street Fighter IV Lets You Upload Online Matches To YouTube Directly
- 2013-12-14: Ultra Street Fighter 4 To Feature Online Training Mode
- 2013-12-06: Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- 2013-09-01: Capcom Uploads "I Am Street Fighter" Documentary On YouTube
- 2013-08-19: Street Fighter Will Not Be Arriving On The Wii U