Nearly two weeks back we reported that Verizon was looking to clear out its Droid DNA inventory. The carrier was rumored to be launching promos to boost sales, it was also said that no additional stock would be provided to stores once they ran out. The Verizon Droid DNA price has now been cut to $50, customers will obviously have to take out a two year contract. Verizon hasn’t said anything about this price cut, so its not confirmed right now whether this price cut is a limited time offer.
Verizon was said to be clearing the inventory for something else, possibly a successor for the Droid DNA. The carrier has also confirmed that it will be launching the HTC One later this summer, just today a purported picture of the Verizon HTC One was posted online. There haven’t been any rumors about a Droid DNA successor, leading many to believe that Verizon is just moving Droid DNA stock to make way for the HTC One. Given HTC’s reluctance on carrier branding, its unlikely that HTC One will be rebranded by Verizon.
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2014-04-06: Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2014-02-07: Verizon Pushing Out Android 4.4 For HTC One
- 2013-12-17: HTC One Android 4.3 Update Increases Charging Speeds, Has VZ Cloud App Preloaded
- 2013-12-15: Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 Update Approved
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored