In the US, there are only a handful of places, Kansas City included, that allows one to sign up for a 1Gbps Internet service that would surely be a geek’s wet dream, but plenty of cities throughout the country where one is able to take advantage of Verizon’s FiOS service. Well, if you have always wanted a faster Internet connection in the comfort of your own home, here is something for you to consider – Verizon has just announced that they will be rolling out a new top speed tier which might not be up to par with the 1Gbps speed that accompanies Google Fiber, and yet it is far faster compared to other ISP offerings, namely the 500Mbps top speed.
We are looking at 500Mbps for download and 100Mbps for uploads. Unfortunately, pricing details of the latest FIOS packages remain unannounced as at press time, although DSLReports.com did put up a customer’s story on their message board who figured out that you will need to fork out $299 per month in order to enjoy such a speed. Do you have it in your monthly budget to take advantage of such a new speed? [Press Release]RELATED
- Try Out Web Store Apps Without Any Installation
- Man Throws Away Hard Drive With More Than 7,500 Bitcoins Within
- OCZ Files For Bankruptcy, Toshiba Offers To Purchase Assets
- YouTube App Teardown Points To Possible Music Pass Service
- Acer C720P Is Their Latest Touchscreen Chromebook Priced At $299
- Follow: fios, Verizon,