The Android 4.2.2 update for HTC One has been anxiously awaited by millions of users around the world. A few weeks ago it was reported that the updated had finally started to roll out in Taiwan, various other markets followed soon after that. It might take a while before the update becomes available to users in the U.S., considering that carrier roll out can further slow things down. Verizon has confirmed that it will be carrying the HTC One, but it still hasn’t provided a concrete release timeframe. It has been rumored for quite some time that Verizon’s HTC One will come with Android 4.2.2 pre-installed. A well known Android developer, LlabTooFer, has tweeted that it is indeed going to run Android 4.2.2 right out the box.
Verizon has an event scheduled for July 23rd, it is believed that the carrier will reveal its plans for the HTC One, apart from possibly announcing the new Droid lineup. Rumor has it that Verizon HTC One will become available in September, a recent press shot of the device that leaked online seemed to hint at this possibility.
- 2013-12-08 Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-18 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Android 4.2.2 XXDMJ1 Update Being Rolled Out
- 2013-08-19 HTC One X Android 4.2.2 Update Rolling Out Across Europe
- 2013-08-08 Samsung Galaxy Grand Gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean As Final Update
- 2013-08-05 Android 4.2.2 For Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE And Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Released