The Watch ABC live TV streaming application was released onto iOS a few months ago, allowing many in the New York and Philadelphia area to watch local programming without the need for a cable subscription. We’re sure by now you’ve learned all good things must come to an end, and in this case, ABC is now requiring its Watch ABC live TV users to have a cable subscription in order to enjoy any kind of programming.
Now when you launch the Watch ABC live TV application, you’ll need to sign in using your username and password from your cable provider. Those who have cut the cable and hoped they could continue to enjoy watching ABC programming for free through the Watch ABC live TV app will now need to look for their ABC fix elsewhere.
On the plus side, ABC has allowed its customers in the Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Realeigh-Durham, NC areas to access its Watch ABC live TV app, but once again, those new customers will need to be subscribers to a supported cable provider.
- 2013-07-01: Watch ABC Live TV App Now Requires Cable Subscription
- 2013-05-31: Watch ABC Live TV Streaming App Available For Kindle Fire, Not Google Play
- 2013-05-14: Watch ABC Live TV Streaming App Released For iOS
- 2013-05-13: ABC TV Live Stream App Reportedly Launching This Week
- 2013-03-19: ABC Developing Live-Streaming App Which You Can Watch Anywhere
- 2011-09-23: Comcast AnyPlay lets users watch live TV on their tablets