Yahoo has been on an acquisition spree lately. The company is bringing in new and established companies to improve its existing services as well as offer new services to its users. One of its major acquisitions this year has been Tumblr, which it picked up for a cool $1.1 billion. Today the company announced that it has acquired Bignoggings, a one man operation that developed the popular Fantasy Monster and Draft Monster fantasy sports app for iOS and Android. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, the apps have been removed from iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store.
Yahoo’s own fantasy sports leagues offering is pretty popular. The service was started back in 1999 and it one of the biggest online sport communities out there. Jerry Shen, the man behind Bignoggins, said today that the technology behind Fantasy Monster and Draft Monster will soon been integrated in to Yahoo’s own offering, thus improving the service’s mobile offering for fantasy sports. Compared to its recent acquisitions, Bignoggins is a minor purchase, though it significantly helps Yahoo to greatly improve its current services.RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Follow: yahoo,