It was just yesterday that we caught images of the Sony NEX-5T, an upcoming camera from Sony that will be part of its NEX lineup of mirrorless cameras, and supposedly will be an upgrade over the NEX-5R. Well just in case yesterday’s photos were clear enough, new images have surfaced which are allegedly that of the NEX-5T and they appear to be the press shots of the upcoming camera. As you can see in the image above, at least upon first glance, it does not appear to be too different from the NEX-5R which is what previous rumors have been claiming.
We guess the changes in the NEX-5T would be more under the hood, as the camera will sport NFC connectivity, presumably to allow it to pair with mobile devices like some of Sony’s Xperia range of Android smartphones. It will also come with FN-button control similar to SLT cameras, and a new Menu interface amongst other things. It is also rumored to use the same sensor as the NEX-5R so don’t expect any drastic improvements in terms of picture quality. In any case it is possible that the NEX-5T could be announced towards the end of August, so check back with us then for the updates.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment