Over the past couple of months we have heard rumors and seen leaks of Sony’s upcoming Honami device, which had also gone by the Xperia i1 moniker, but reports are now suggesting that the final name could be known as the Xperia Z1. In any case the folks at ePrice have reportedly managed to get their hands on what appears to be the press shots of the upcoming handset, along with what appears to be sample images taken by the handset.
Unfortunately the press shots of the device aren’t exactly very clear or big enough to see the details, but they do appear to resemble the leaked images that we have seen in the past. They don’t really tell us anything new, except that the handset could arrive in three different colors – black, purple, and white. As a quick recap for those who might have missed the news, the Honami is rumored to sport a 5” Full HD display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset under the hood clocked at 2.2GHz, 16GB of onboard storage, a microSD card, a 3,000mAh battery, and its main feature would be its 20MP camera. There is a good chance that Sony could unveil the device during IFA 2013 on the 4th of September, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2013-09-03: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-08-26: White Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-26: Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-25: Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Purported Press Image Leaks
- 2013-08-23: New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance