The Sony Honami is certainly no secret, having been spotted in benchmarks and leaked photos, and last we heard it was possible that Sony could be looking to announce the device around IFA, either before or during the event, and thanks to a recently leaked photo, what we are looking at above could very well be a teaser image for the upcoming device, or the event invite for Sony’s press conference. As the image above suggests, the Sony Honami could be announced on the 4th of September in Berlin which is where IFA is taking place. This is an interesting coincidence since Samsung is also rumored to announce their Galaxy Note 3 and their smart watch on the same day as well.
Either way the image above could have easily been photoshopped so there’s no telling if it is real, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt for now. In the meantime we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more info as we expect Sony will share details as IFA draws closer, but what do you guys think? Is a pre-IFA announcement likely with Sony as well? After all we’re guessing they’re hoping to steal some of the spotlight from Samsung, and what better device than the Honami, right?
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked
- 2014-01-27: Alleged Photos Taken By Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Leaked Online
- 2013-11-14: New Sony Xperia Z1s Photo Leaked
- 2013-07-31: Alleged Sony Xperia i1 Honami Photo Surfaces, "Confirms" 20MP Camera