We know that Sony has a new camera in the works which will be part of its NEX lineup of mirrorless cameras, and the NEX-5T has been confirmed in a recent sighting at the Taiwanese NCC Agency. According to the rumors, the NEX-5T will not be too different from the NEX-5R, and thanks to a recently leaked photo, we might have gotten our first glimpse at the NEX-5T. As you can see in the image above, it looks like an advertisement for the NEX-5T along with a slew of lenses , some of which are new lenses that Sony has yet to announce. Based on the photos, it is also hard to tell that it is the NEX-5T as it does look somewhat similar to the NEX-5R.
According to what we last heard, the NEX-5T will differ from the NEX-5R in the sense that it will sport NFC connectivity, a FN-button control similar to Sony’s SLT cameras, and a new menu interface amongst other things. It is also possible that based on previous rumors that the Sony NEX-5T could be announced towards the end of August which means that we might not have to wait too long to see if the rumors pan out! No word on pricing yet but since it appears that it will not differ too greatly from the NEX-5R, we expect it should be priced somewhat similarly, but do check back with us towards the end of the month for the official details!
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment