Yesterday we reported on a rumor that Microsoft was testing the next build of Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8.1 which has also been referred to as the GDR3 update. Well according to the folks at Nokia Power User, they claim to have received a screenshot from one of their sources which supposedly shows us the settings menu of the GDR3 update as pictured above. So what’s with the weird “Lumia Bittersweet Shimmer” name? Well that’s apparently the codename for the next Windows Phone update and is also one of the colors used to describe one of Crayola’s crayons.
Given that the previous Windows Phone 8 update was codenamed “Amber”, we guess it looks like Microsoft could be moving alphabetically in naming their future updates. In any case the screenshot really doesn’t tell us much although it does reveal some of the features we might be able to expect. Then again this is hardly the most official screenshot we’ve seen and anyone with experience in Microsoft Paint could easily put something similar out, so do take it with a grain of salt for now. At the same time we wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft was indeed working on and testing the next Windows Phone update, but as to whether this screenshot is a part of it remains a little sketchy.
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-04-03: Hands-On : Nokia 630 And 635 Review
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Icon Review
- 2014-03-07: Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2014-03-03: Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms