Apple is rumored to unveil the next generation iPad later this year, possibly around the holiday season. The upcoming tablet is expected to bring design changes. Apple hasn’t changed the design of its tablet since 2011 when it released the iPad 2. There have been rumors that the next generation iPad would borrow some design elements from the iPad mini. An alleged front panel of the iPad 5 has leaked, it doesn’t reveal any major design changes other than slim bezels, which have previously been rumored.
The purported aluminium rear shell of iPad 5 was also leaked recently. It showed off striking similarities with the iPad mini’s design. iPad 5 is also expected to be thinner and lighter than its predecessor. The redesigned rear shell and this purported front panel combined really do bear similarities with Apple’s low cost tablet, a new version of which is also expected to be released soon. A report came out earlier today claiming that both new tablets will be released alongside the new iPhones on September 10th, though Apple hasn’t confirmed when it intends to release its new tablets. These pictures were leaked by Sonny Dickson, who has already leaked quite a few purported components of Apple’s iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S.
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-02: iPad 5 Purported Casing In Space Gray [Video]
- 2013-09-29: Alleged iPad 5 Rear Casing Compared With iPad 4 And iPad Mini
- 2013-09-27: iPad 5 Purported Schematics Hint At Design And Dimensions
- 2013-08-29: iPad 5 Redesigned Purported Rear Housing Leaked
- 2013-08-28: New iPads Reportedly Not Launching On September 10th