Word on the street has it that Amazon could be looking to launch new Kindle Fire tablets later this year, which we guess is a given considering that Amazon has been enjoying some success with their Android tablet lineup due to its price and somewhat decent specs. While Amazon has yet to confirm a new Kindle Fire tablet, they have recently dropped the price of the current Kindle Fire HD by $40, making it a pretty darn affordable $159. For those who aren’t too concerned about having the latest in terms of hardware and features, then we have to say that $159 for Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD tablet seems like a pretty good bargain.
However for those who want the latest piece of technology, this drop in price could be a sign that Amazon is looking to get ready for their next Kindle Fire product and that they’re probably trying to offload current stock by making it cheaper. In any case since Amazon has been unveiling new tablets in September over the past two years, we wouldn’t be surprised if the company will unveil a new Kindle Fire tablet in September as well, and a tablet with a Full HD display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 process has been rumored and could be worth holding out for.
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2013-10-09: Amazon Intends To Sell 2 Million Kindle Fire HDs Before November 2013 Is Over
- 2013-09-24: Amazon Unveils New Kindle Fire HD
- 2013-09-11: Next-Gen Amazon Kindle Fire HD Leaked Photos Hit The Internet
- 2013-07-30: Next Generation Kindle Fire HD Tablets Specs Rumored
- 2013-07-15: Kindle Fire HD 2 Sees August Or September Launch (Rumor)