GameStop announced earlier this month they would be holding a promotion that would allow Xbox 360 owners to upgrade select games to the Xbox One version, and today, Amazon has jumped on the Xbox 360 to Xbox One game-upgrade bandwagon.
Instead of promising you a $50 gift card once as long as you purchase the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version of the same game, which is what GameStop wants its customers to do, Amazon’s promotion will give you $25 in credit as well as an additional trade-in value of $25 when you trade in your Xbox 360 game for the Xbox One version. Xbox One games will retail for $60, which means you’ll just be spending $10 more in order to get the Xbox One version of a game you already own.
The games Amazon is supporting for this program includes Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed Rivals. The promotion is limited to one per customer and will be available until December 31, which should give you enough time to enjoy your Xbox 360 version of a game to then enjoy it on your Xbox One. Just remember that save data won’t transfer over, so keep that in mind if you are in the middle of completing a game’s campaign mode.
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2013-12-12 Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-09 Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- 2013-11-18 Minecraft Xbox 360 Save File Transfers To Xbox One Currently In Development
- 2013-10-30 Titanfall Completely Exclusive To Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC; Sequel May Not Be
- 2013-10-29 Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December