GameStop announced earlier this month they would be holding a promotion that would allow Xbox 360 owners to upgrade select games to the Xbox One version, and today, Amazon has jumped on the Xbox 360 to Xbox One game-upgrade bandwagon.
Instead of promising you a $50 gift card once as long as you purchase the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version of the same game, which is what GameStop wants its customers to do, Amazon’s promotion will give you $25 in credit as well as an additional trade-in value of $25 when you trade in your Xbox 360 game for the Xbox One version. Xbox One games will retail for $60, which means you’ll just be spending $10 more in order to get the Xbox One version of a game you already own.
The games Amazon is supporting for this program includes Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed Rivals. The promotion is limited to one per customer and will be available until December 31, which should give you enough time to enjoy your Xbox 360 version of a game to then enjoy it on your Xbox One. Just remember that save data won’t transfer over, so keep that in mind if you are in the middle of completing a game’s campaign mode.RELATED
- Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- Retailer Sends Free PlayStation Vita Units, Then Threatens Legal Action
- Assassin's Creed 4 Receives First DLC Today
- Rayman Legends Headed To Mac On Dec. 12 For $20
- Next Need For Speed Is Already Being Worked On
- Follow: Amazon, Microsoft, xbox, xbox 360, Xbox One,
- Seen at: amazon