According to Amazon, folks who placed their Xbox One pre-orders after August 15th will not have the guarantee that they would be on receiving end of an Xbox One at launch later this year, which would be a bummer. Truly, this is where the proverb concerning the early bird getting the worm comes into play. Apparently, Amazon UK has already sold out of its entire allocation of Xbox One’s Day One Edition, hence the online retail giant has fired a warning to customers that whoever placed a pre-order for the Standard Edition after August 15 “will be received after (the) release date“.
Amazon also mentioned, “Please note–due to high demand, we are now out of stock of the Day One Edition Xbox One console and will not be taking further orders.” Of course, this does not mean that Amazon is no longer accepting pre-orders for the Xbox One Standard Edition, where they will “ship orders as soon as we receive inventory”. Those who want the Day One Edition might want to try their pre-order luck over at GAME and Shopto.net. Having said that, the Xbox One’s life has not exactly been smooth sailing ever since it was announced, having run into its fair share of issues already.
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2013-12-03: Amazon Has Xbox One Back In Stock
- 2013-11-20: Xbox One Day One Units Sold Out At Amazon
- 2013-08-20: Amazon Promotion Upgrades Xbox 360 Games To Xbox One For $10
- 2013-07-12: Amazon PS4 And Xbox One Pre-Orders Run Out
- 2013-06-21: PS4, Xbox One Amazon Pre-Order Sales Breaks Records