Back in June this year, Rovio teased a new Angry Birds game called Angry Birds Go. At that time it wasn’t clear as to what this title entailed, but according to Rovio at that time, it was an Angry Birds title but not as we know it. Well it turns out that Rovio’s statement was spot on as it has been revealed that Angry Birds Go is actually a racing game! Given that Angry Birds Go was created in partnership with Redbull who has other racing games in the App Store, we guess we can’t say we are too surprised.
This will no doubt be a huge departure from other Angry Birds titles which features players to strategically slingshot birds into structures to get as many points as possible. While the mechanics of Angry Birds Go have yet to be fully revealed, if the game is anything like Rovio’s earlier efforts, we expect it should be pretty fun. No word on when Angry Birds Go will be released, but the video above does say, “All will be revealed soon!” so we guess we will just have to play the waiting game for now. So, who else is looking forward to this racing game from Rovio?
Next Story: Sony's GTA 5 For PS4 Tweet Was A Typo
- 2014-03-17: Angry Birds Epic Soft Launched In Several Countries Today
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-12-11: Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-09-18: Angry Birds Star Wars 2 Cashes In On GTA 5 Hype