We have heard the rumors that Samsung could be prepping new tablets that get as big as 12.2”, and a certain device by the model number SM-P900 was sighted in UAProf that hinted at a 12.2” display with a 2560×1600 resolution, and now those sentiments are being echoed by the folks at DigiTimes who claims that not only is Samsung preparing a 12.2” tablet, but apparently Apple could be joining them as well. This is particularly interesting since Apple had initially believed that the iPad’s size was “perfect”, but we still saw the launch of the iPad mini nonetheless, so it would be interesting to see how Apple might be able to justify a larger iPad.
According to DigiTimes’ sources, the reason why manufacturers such as Samsung and Apple are considering larger tablets is so they can distinguish themselves from the competition who are starting to hop on board the small-size bandwagon, although their source did acknowledge that it could impact the demand for conventional notebooks, which we have to agree. We highly recommend you take this with a grain of salt for now, especially since DigiTimes’ track record isn’t exactly flawless, but what do you guys think? Are tablets larger than 10” a bit too cumbersome?
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]