It is widely believed that Apple will be unveiling two new iPhone models next months, presumably on September 10th. Up till now there has been no official word from Cupertino regarding future iPhones. Nevertheless, there have been countless rumors and leaks every other day regarding the upcoming smartphones, which are currently known as the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. A new report from the Wall Street Journal claims that Apple has given Foxconn, its primary manufacturer, the go-ahead to begin mass production of both iPhones.
There’s a lot of anticipation regarding the iPhone 5C, the low cost iPhone Apple is expected to unveil for the very first time this year. Both smartphones are now expected to be released early next month, at first it was believed that perhaps the actual release might take place in October. Earlier today we covered an analyst’s report on the possibility of iPhone 5C outshipping iPhone 5S at launch due to production issues with the latter. Apple is expected to ship around 4 million to 5.2 million units of iPhone 5S during the September quarter as opposed to over 8 million units of the iPhone 5C. Made from polycarbonate, the iPhone 5C is expected to have internals similar to the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5S is likely to come with a fingerprint sensor, for the first time Apple is also expected to launch next generation iPhone in gold color.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03: iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29: iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27: Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile