Apple has been making some impressive updates to its Apple TV in the past couple of months, and today, the company has once again rolled out an update the brings even more content to their set-top box that could.
The over-the-air update will bring a number of new applications that will deliver their respective content to Apple TV users, the most notable apps being the Vevo Music Video service, Disney Channel, Disney XD, THe Weather Channel and Smothsonian. As with most applications offered from specific cable channel providers, you’ll need to be a subscriber to their channels through supported cable providers in order to be able to access their content on your Apple TV.
Earlier this year, Apple released additional over-the-air updates that brought ESPN, HBO GO and SkyNews to Apple TV. As great as today’s update is, it could easily be dwarfed if the previously rumored collaboration with Time Warner Cable brings the TWC TV app to Apple TV. Until then, head on over to your Apple TV and initiate today’s update so you can enjoy some brand-spanking new content.
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2014-04-02: Analyst Thinks Amazon's Fire TV Will Motivate Apple To Revamp The Apple TV
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple