The last we heard, Archos reportedly has big plans for IFA 2013 and could be unveiling a slew of new products, one of which might have recently been spotted at the FCC under the moniker, Archos 101 XS 2. The device, in case the photo above wasn’t obvious enough, is a tablet and it is expected to be something of a successor to the original Archos 101 XS which we reviewed back in 2012. Unfortunately apart from the FCC filing that ousts the device’s existence, not much is known about the tablet in terms of its hardware, although we are able to get a look at the tablet’s overall design which to be honest isn’t all that exciting.
For those wondering what sort of specs we might be able to expect from the Archos 101 XS 2, the 101 XS featured a cover called the Coverboard that doubled up as a keyboard as well. The original 101 XS also came with a 10.1” 1280×800 display and was powered by a 1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9 processor with 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of onboard storage, a microSD card slot for memory expansion, and a front-facing camera. Hopefully with the 101 XS 2 we will be seeing a huge upgrade over last year’s hardware, so be sure to check back with us during IFA 2013 for the details!
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2013-04-15: Archos ChildPad Tablet Arrives At The FCC
- 2013-04-07: Arnova 97 G4 Tablet Arrives At The FCC
- 2012-11-26: Archos 97 XS Hits The FCC
- 2012-08-16: 13.3" Archos FamilyPad tablet spotted at the FCC
- 2012-07-18: Archos 97 Carbon tablet arrives at the FCC