It is just a matter of weeks before the Frankfurt Motor Show kicks off to much fanfare, and I am quite sure that motorheads would be looking forward to this particular event, seeing just what the automotive giants of our day have up their sleeves – or should we say, garages, to tempt us away from our hard earned money. Audi has jumped the gun, however, by unveiling the first details for its new Quattro Sport E-Tron. The Audi might be a hybrid concept car, but it is still a beast that packs 700 horsepower underneath the hood, now how about that?
The electric engine of the Quattro Sport E-Tron would serve a couple of purposes. Firstly, it is mean to send the car’s twin-turbo V8 up to it’s 200 mph top speed, and the other is to offer a zero-emission all-electric option. Whenever it runs on the electric motor alone, the E-Tron is capable of a safe range of 21.7 miles, which is a step in the right direction where electric sports cars are concerned. More exciting is the fact that this is just a concept, so who knows? Should it materialize as the real deal one day, it should, on paper, be a whole lot more impressive than what you read here today.
- 2014-02-06: Honda XS-1 Spotted In India
- 2014-01-08: Volvo Concept XC Coupe To Debut At Detroit Motor Show
- 2013-12-12: Willie Bus Concept Might Change City’s Landscape In The Future
- 2013-12-02: Mobiliant Concept Vehicle Can Climb Walls
- 2013-12-01: WitStar Concept Car Comes With A Fish Tank Inside