Back in June, Beamdog’s Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition was pulled from the iTunes App Store due to legal trouble, leaving some questioning the future of the franchise. Well the good news is that after two months of legal tussle, the game has made its way back into the iTunes App Store and this was announced by the game’s producer, Phillip Daigle, who also confirmed that the patch for the game along with Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition will be released “in a while” as the company gets back to its feet and gets the ball rolling once again.
For those unfamiliar, Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition is basically Beamdog’s revisit of the original game, adding improved graphics, gameplay, characters, and more. The Enhanced Edition also sees the arrival of the game on mobile devices like Apple’s iPad where iPad owners can purchase the game for themselves for $9.99. Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition will be the first of at least two games, with Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition currently being worked on. Could we be seeing a Baldur’s Gate 3? Beamdog has expressed their interest in the idea but that we guess we’ll have to wait for Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition to be released first.
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-21 Mailbox 2.0 For iOS Released
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-01-16 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Arrives On The iPad