Bing today announced the launch of its Homepage App on Facebook. Bing has partnered up with Discovery to launch a new contest for photographers of all levels. Called Bing’s Hometown Homepage Photo Contest, those interested can make their submissions to the Bing Homepage app on Facebook between today and September 3rd. Images that highlight and capture the beauty of one’s hometown are being sought. Bing will then announce the top ten finalists on September 10th after which it will allow fans to vote for their favorites on Facebook.
The picture that gets the most votes will be named the winner. The picture itself will be showcased on Bing’s homepage on October 1st along with the photographer. That’s not all, the winner will also receive a new Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone, a canvas of the winning photo and free membership of 500px. It doesn’t end here, on the same day Bing and The Nature Conservancy will celebrate the winner’s contribution by hosting a day of service in their hometown. So if you might have snapped a picture once that captures the beauty of your hometown or shows off a special landmark in all its beauty, its definitely worth making that submission. Who knows, maybe your picture might get selected to become Bing’s homepage on October 1st.
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2013-01-17: More Facebook Results Appear On Bing Sidebar
- 2013-01-15: Facebook Taps Bing To Provide Graph Search Web Results
- 2012-07-30: Bing search now lets you tag your friends
- 2012-05-10: Bing New Architecture: Introducing Snapshot and Social Sidebar
- 2011-05-16: Bing introduces enhanced Social Search