Is Motorola following Apple’s footsteps, or is it the latter that is copying the former? I am referring to a budget version of their respective smartphones. We have all heard and seen rumors of a budget oriented iPhone, where it has been dubbed the iPhone 5C (hopefully there will not be any jibes made about it being the iPhone 5 “Cheapo”), and here we are with a possible image of the cheaper variant of the Moto X that will target developing markets.
Motorola did promise that they will be looking into something that is easier on the bank accounts of the masses with the Moto X, and what you see above allegedly leaked from a Sina Weibo (the Twitter of China) user who touts to own a photo of interchangeable back panels for the budget oriented Moto X model, citing also that buyers can save themselves the trouble of using tools such as Moto Maker in order to enjoy a far livelier set of colors. There was also mention of dual SIM support thrown into the mix, and should everything add up, then we could very well be hearing something official from Motorola real soon. Would you get the budget version of the Moto X, or go for the full flavored model?
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched