It’s undeniable one of the biggest games to be released this year is Call of Duty: Ghosts. The next game in the beloved Call of Duty franchise will be releasing on November 5, and during Microsoft’s Xbox One presentation at this year’s Gamescom, Activision had some news to share regarding the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will use dedicated servers by way of Xbox One’s cloud service. If you’re unfamiliar with dedicated servers, all you should know is your connection while playing online will be much more reliable and should drop much less.
In addition to the news of using dedicated servers, Activision also unveiled a new mode for Call of Duty: Ghosts called “Blitz mode.” Blitz mode challenges Call of Duty players by having them attack or defend particular zones on each end of the map. Once a player makes it to the enemy’s zone, they score a point for their team and are then teleported back to their spawn area. We’re sure this mode would result in a lot of tough decisions to be made as teams will probably debate whether or not they need to attack the enemy’s zone or stay back and defend their own.
- 2014-04-08 Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08 HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07 Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31 Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20 Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2014-02-19 Xbox One Media Remote Launching This Week [Rumor]
- 2013-12-13 Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- 2013-12-12 Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-05-21 Xbox One: All The Official Details
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5